Saturday, February 8, 2014

Waiting For Our First Ultrasound

Yes, we have entered a new state of waiting, but this one is MUCH less anxiety-ridden!

This is happy anticipation, not constantly over-analyzing worry.

Now that I know the embryo transfer took and I am indeed pregnant, I can definitely feel a difference in the womb. For the first week or so it felt like fluttery gas bubbles, and now it's just starting to feel tight (the uterus itself on the inside, not my tummy). Nobody could tell from the outside, because as of today I'm only officially five weeks.

This period of waiting, however, has brought on one question I'm sure most women who get pregnant naturally don't wonder - is there one baby in there, or two?

As I've said before, we transferred two embryos, but we have no idea if one or both of them actually stuck. For now, when my husband and I refer to our potential offspring, we're constantly using a strange double-talk. The other day my husband actually used this sentence (in response to me asking what he wanted for dinner), "What do-does the baby-babies want?"

I'll go back-and-forth using the singular and plural, and my husband's getting antsy and keeps asking when we get to find out.

Patience, husband, patience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment